Sunday 29 January 2012

TUTORIAL #1: Two Tone Smokey Eye

I've decided to do some tutorials to my favourite make-up looks. I always get asked about my smokey eye look so I thought I would do that first! It's an easy look to do but I don't suggest it if you like your make-up natural! This is my go-to make-up look for my girls nights out - love it!


First I apply a nude eyeshadow all over my eyelids up to my eyebrows - easy! I used a M.A.C 213 fluff brush to apply M.A.C eye shadow in Bisque.


Then I apply a white eyeshadow. I apply it going from the inner corners to halfway across my eyelid. I prefer to use sparkly eyeshadows, you can use matt if you wish! It all depends on what look you are going for. I used a M.A.C 217 blending brush to apply Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow in Snow. 


You can then apply a silver/grey eyeshadow going from the outer corners of your eyelid going across to where the white eyeshadow ends. At this point you're just building up a base colour. I used a M.A.C 217 blending brush to apply M.A.C Eyeshadow in Ambience. 


The next step is to apply a dark brown eyeshadow lightly all over the lid to blend the white and grey eyeshadows into eachother. It may seem pointless to be adding these different eyeshadows together and building them up, and you may be thinking 'Why can't i just apply the black and smudge it around?!' but trust me it really does make a difference to the whole smokey-eye look! I used a M.A.C 275 medium angled shading brush to apply M.A.C Eye Shadow in Charcoal Brown. 



Now you can apply your eyeliner. I prefer to use a crayon for this because it's easier to blend. Apply it into the waterline at the top and bottom of your eye. Then apply it onto the top lash-line and smudge it so it doesn't look as harsh. I used 'Gareth Pugh for M.A.C Technakohl liner' in Graphblack. 


Now you can mess around with the black! Apply your black eyeshadow going from the order corners swooping into the inner corners, but not all the way. You can apply it as high up as you like depending on how you prefer to wear your eyeshadow. I used a M.A.C 275 medium angled angled shading brush to apply M.A.C Eye Shadow in Carbon.


Next you blend more of your white eyeshadow into your black eyeshadow, and apply your black shadow to how dark you would like it. I used a M.A.C 275 medium angled shading brush to do this - this brush is AMAZING, I use it constantly because it blends eyeshadow so well. 


This step is optional depending on whether you like to wear false lashes! I personally couldn't live without them. Apply your eyelash glue (I use eyelure lashfix) along your lash line and also along the lash line of your fake lashes, I find this makes them stick for longer so you don't have any embarrassing moments where your lash is hanging off! 

- A tip to make your fake lashes blend to your real ones better is to apply mascara before putting them on. If you're skipping this step - this is your time to apply mascara! 


Last step! How easy was that? This step is also optional it all depends on how you like your make-up. I feel like my eyes look tiny if I don't do this! Apply your black eyeshadow along your bottom lash line and blend it up into the rest of your black eyeshadow. To do this I used M.A.C 219 pencil brush. Now you're done! Now you can apply the rest of your make-up. This look goes well with matte foundation and blush paired with nude glossy lips - perfect! 

Finished product:



All make-up used:

EYES - 
M.A.C eyeshadow - Bisque
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash eyeshadow - Snow
M.A.C eyeshadow - Ambience
M.A.C eyeshadow - Charcoal Brown
Gareth Pugh for M.A.C Technakohl liner - GraphBlack
M.A.C eyeshadow - Carbon
Eyelure Lash Fix
Eyelure Double Lashes - 202
Nouveau Lashes Noir Mascara - Black
Mac eyebrow crayon - Lingering

FACE -
YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch 
M.A.C Studio Fix Foundation
M.A.C Bronzing Powder - Matte Bronze
M.A.C Sheertone Blush - Pink Swoon

LIPS -
Vaseline
M.A.C Sheen Supreme Lipstick - Bare Again

Hope this tutorial was of use to you. If you have any questions feel free to message me :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment